Friday, January 17, 2014

We You Know What You Thought You Knew, Would You Still Like to Know Something New?

The more you learn, the more you wonder why you are learning it. Sounds stupid, I agree, but there are those days when that is the way you feel. Lately my book reading has turned to biographies of famous people. Some are infamous as well I guess. This last week or so I have read Collin Powell, Richard Nixon, and am just completing the Clintons. I still have Albright to tackle, well maybe tackle is an inappropriate word, how about absorb?

All of these folks have one thing in common, although they would probably not agree with me. They are narcissists. It is very important that they be noticed, coddled if possible, trusted and liked. Unfortunately they have fallen short, especially in the trusted and liked categories; at least by me.

I have come to the conclusion I might like to vote for my dog. Jake is caring, loving, trustworthy,and loyal. Unfortunately he probably could be bribed a bit with food, but they we do have to remember that he is a dog. Not unlike Jake, those that I have been studying all have their bribe requirements. They will all tell you that money is not their "must have" but I imagine if you tried to take it away from them, they would complain a lot.

This morning I looked into the mirror and discovered that I too have some problems. Taking a sincere look at myself I discovered that while I am trustworthy, I trust very few people myself; I think that I am loyal to a fault, but again I don't see that others are as loyal to me as I have been to some of them.

Have you taken a good look in the mirror lately? If you have what did you discover? Did you find that looking yourself directly in the eye is not as easy as you thought it would be?

Like I said, the more you learn about yourself, and about others, the less you want to know. I don't know about you, but for me this is a riddle, an affront to my very being, a question that I continue to ask myself and can't stop the inner discussion.

Something New

No comments: